Thursday, February 5, 2009

With great power comes great responsibility

I have a secret to share. My television fixes all broken electrical appliances.

Let me explain.

Over the past few years whenever I had a problem with my cell phone, my ipod, Or even my DVD player, I would simply put it on top of my television and 48-72 hours later the issue would be fixed. My items would be as good as new.


Recently I have started to wonder how I could possibly market this great phenomenon. I created a business plan that would require minimum investment (I would need to buy 2 or 3 new televisions in order to fix 20-30 appliances per 72 hour time period)

I planned on charging based on the size of the appliance that needed to be fixed. The more space your item took up on top of my television the more I would charge.

With my business plan in hand I felt confident that I was onto something with real potential. I approached a few possible investors and each of them were perplexed. They asked, "How could I patent the television fixing appliance principle? How could I protect myself from copycats who will piggyback off of my new great invention?"

They were right, once word got out that televisions could fix electrical appliances I would never be able to make money by fixing them. I would be destroying an entire market place. Electrical appliance repair is easily a multimillion $ industry.

On one hand, I do not want to announce to the world that 43 inch Hyundai televisions have the built in ability to ??pretty much?? fix any electrical appliance as long as it (the appliance) fits on top of the television. But on the other hand, don't I have a responsibility to the people? The world demands a cheaper and simpler way to fix its appliances! With great power comes great responsibility.